Friends of the Earth-Netherlands is actively working to reduce the contribution of transport to climate change and air pollution and improve the liveability of towns and cities. As part of the launch of its transport campaign the NGO asked CE Delft to provide support for its campaign objectives in the form of an analysis of policy measures that contribute to more sustainable mobility at the national and local level.
In this report we examine the following policies:
- a kilometre charge (freight and passenger transport)
- lower speed limits.
Bundled green inner-city distribution.
Car-restricted/car-free inner cities, achieved via:
- infrastructure (specific car-restricted/car-free streets and neighbourhoods)
- investment in cycling/walking
- investment in public transport
- less parking space/higher parking fees.