In preparation for moves to clean up its fleet of municipal vehicles, Delft city council commissioned CE to assess current fleet environmental performance and estimate the costs and benefits of investments in various alternatives to improve it. The main focus was on alternatives that can help improve local air quality, in particular:
- Phased replacement of all vehicles.
- Phased replacement of all vehicles by natural-gas vehicles.
- Particle traps on heavy goods vehicles and refuse collection trucks.
- Phased replacement of certain vans by electric vehicles.
- Accelerated replacement of old heavy goods vehicles and refuse collection trucks.